Saturday, 11 January 2014

*Tap, tap* "Is this thing on?"

This blog is not quite dead. I've sort of neglected it, but it's still been around: slouching about the place, fiddling with the ornaments and stealing snacks out the fridge. So I reckoned it was time I made it earn its keep.

Part of the reason, well most of the reason, is that I got a phone call yesterday from a production company that makes programmes for national TV. I've already been on local TV news twice, in very brief interviews; something that isn't exactly newsworthy except for me and those who know me. National TV is different. There's no guarantee I'll make it to the final list for a 15 minute interview, but if I do, it'll be one of the rare times someone who identifies as genderqueer gets out from under the rug where we're usually swept.

Whatever happens, I'll post it here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: